Re: Looking for 'GT Sun Roof

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for 'GT Sun Roof
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 21:13:16 +0000
> Michael MacLeod wrote:
> >
> > I'm on the lookout for a source for a "Wabasto"(sp?) style sunroof for
> > my GT.  Does anyone know of a source?  I would prefer a brand new one
> > for free, of course.  But, if required, I would be willing to discuss
> > the sordid details involved in parting with the appropriate sum of
> > money.
> >
> > I keep hearing rumours of these things sitting in warehouses all over
> > the continent.  Probably "Urban Myths".
> >Bill Schooler wrote:
>
> It's Webasto, as in Tudor Webasto, the full name of the Company.
> I enquired about these when I got my V8.  As I recall, the rights to the
>Webasto
roof have been sold to a competitor in the UK.  The competitor didn't make the
Webasto design any more (surprise surprise), but could offer me their own
design
at about double the price of what the Webasto's were.

To add to the myth, an aquaintance swears blind that he saw John Hills buy a
van
load (of Webastos) at an auction, but they deny all knowledge.

PaulH.