A glorious day for LBC's

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A glorious day for LBC's
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 01:36:43 -0400 (EDT)
Hello to all,
After my disaterous test drive, a neighbor predicted the my 'B would never
run again.  This man feels that anything older then a '95 is too old.  Today,
after bleeding the brakes and setting the idle, my '74 'B hit the road again,
much to my pleasure.  Snicking thru gears around the neighborhood, waving at
the guy as I passed his parked Cherokee, and racking off the exhaust was a
real joy, one I thought may never come again.  Hooked for life?  You bet.
Despite the brake bleeding, the pedal was very spongy, and I had to keep
pumping it to keep pressure up.  Otherwise, the pedal went to the floor with
no effect.  The calipers each work and there are no leaks.  The rear whell
cylinders were just rebuilt and do not leak.  The master cylinder does not
leak.  Am I not bleeding the brakes correctly, or do I have a fault in the
BMC?
After the run, we idled the car back towards its home, only ot hear the fuel
pump begin to work very hard.  The car stalled and refused to start.  Had I
had more time, I'd check to see that the carbs were getting fuel.  My guess:
 Rust in the gas tank sloshed up and was sucked in by the fuel pump.  Did I
guess well?  I'll let you know soon.  Also, a personal thanks toLawrie for
answering my e-brake question definetly.  I will be fitting the new rear this
week, and a new brake cable with it!
Thank you for listening to my rant of jubilation.
~Mike
"Don't forget, I own a cat."