Midgets Update VI

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midgets Update VI
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 22:35:31 -0700
Howdy all,
I finished welding the damage to the sway bar mount on the '78, plus
welded some cracks around the holes for the steering rack mounts.
I'm for sure going to pull the engine and replace the clutch as soon
as I finish the suspension and can get the car off jack stands.
So far I just need the A-Arms, I can't do anything more until they come.

I also got the brake drums off of the '72. I used the method of gently
prying the drum between the drum and backing plate, and equally gently
taping the axle inward with a hammer. I worked like a charm, thank you
to whomever on this list suggested this technique. I also sprayed the
axle center and studs with WD40 about a week before too.
The rear breaks were horrible, especially concidering that the car
drove well. One axle seal was leaking, and the brake shoes were
quite decayed from the oil. Both wheel cylinders are very loose on the
backing plate too. At least the drums look good.

Now I get a rest until the last of my parts come.

-Aron Travis-
"Always in a automotive frenzy"