Confession is good for soul/I feel so .... dirty

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Confession is good for soul/I feel so .... dirty
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:09:57 -0500 (CDT)
Took the 75 B to a job today and as I pulled into the customer's drive
there he was (my customer) standing next to his Red Miata. We exchanged
our good mornings and he asked if I would mind him taking my car
"around the block". I told him it was fine and handed him the key. He
then handed me a key to the Miata and said "want to drive that?" At
first I said no but he then said "oh come on, go ahead". I must say it
was ...how should I put this....Civilized, yeah that's the best word I
can think of. Handled nice, had a little more power than I expected and
shifts were short and effortless. What's botherring me is that I
enjoyed the ride. I would not trade it for the less civilized ride of
my B but I did enjoy it. Upon returning to his driveway he told me how
much he liked my MG and how he wished he was more mechanically inclined
and automotive knowlegable and if that were the case he would jump at a
chance to own one of these cars. After having driven the Mazda I washed
my hands a half dozen times in a half hour and at lunch came home and
changed my clothes. Should I burn the clothes or to you think they will
be alright after a hot water washing? :-)

BTW this is the customer who told me of the where abouts of my 75 B two
years agos when I drove up to his house in my first 75 B. I'm greatful
that he shared the info.

Safty Fast, David Deutsch