since were on this " my Engine runs bad when..." thread.

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: since were on this " my Engine runs bad when..." thread.
From: Randy Rees <randyr@starwave.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:01:16 -0700
My 67 BGT starts right up in the morning (and all other times)but after
about 40 seconds of running it dies, sound like fuel starvation; and
just won't restart. I let it sit with the key on for a while and keep
cranking the engine, after about 10 minutes of this it finally starts
but runs real rough and has a missing, running on 3 cylinders kind of
sound, then finally comes out of this and runs just fine. typical
temperature outside is 55 degrees. Now the funny part. I can let it sit
inside the company parking garage for about 10 hours during the day,
temperature is about 55-60 degrees, car starts right up, and drives just
fine, never misses a beat. Temperature gauge shows its dead cold, just
like in the morning. It starts and runs without hesitation, any other
time I ask it to.

Why only in the morning? It does not seem to be temperature /time
related. The only other clue is that my fuel pump runs all the time, not
real loud but it is running, with just a little louder click every now
and then. If my fuel pump was having problems wouldn't it be the same
morning or evening as long as time and temperature was a constant? Any
other facts I left out?

Please help as this is trying desperately to become my only daily
driver, and my wife is just looking for a reason to have less cars in
the driveway, I just want it to be the Samurai that leaves, not the MG.