fuel pump follow up.

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: fuel pump follow up.
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 09:27:00 -0500

JK> I need to replace a fuel pump ( SU 2 1/2 - 3 psi ) and I was wondering
JK>if the 2 1/2 - 4 1/2 psi pump they have at the parts store would work
JK>OK ?  The pump I have is an SU, but it is not the right pump for the
JK>car, other wise I'd rebuild.  I'll miss that clicking sound, but my
JK>budget won't permit a new SU type.
JK> If anyone has used a 2.5-4.5 psi pump, I'd like some feed back.

  Well, this is a long one... I had a 65 midget for 2 yrs,( sold it this
spring ) and when I first got it running, a fellow with a 65, was the
first "MG" person I met. ( Ever see 2 red '65 midgets struttin' down the
boulevard side by side before ?) Any how, I called him up to ask him
about my fuel pump question, and he invites me over to his place to see
his project 68 midget.
 Well I get over there, we bullshit mg's for a while and he shows me how
good his project car runs..(nice beefed up 1275) then he pulls the fuel
pump off his car and gives it to me... and he says no charge john, I'll
expect to see your car in my diveway later today <grin>  ( he new the
car hadn't run or moved in 17 yrs. )
 Well about 6 hrs, and a lot of aggrevation and I had it moving. So 1
bungy cord, one hood set in place, oil and grease all over ( me and the
car ) and it's off to his driveway. ( I like the 1275 ALOT better than
the 1098 !!!)
 Well my buddy walks out of his house ( changes his diaper ) and says
ya know I wasn't serious John, but I'm proud of ya !
 I think MOWOG's boss got in his shit, cause we all know it isn't often
that smiles on us. Oh ya, and my car still goes click click...click

:)
John
71 ( it lives) midget

JK>John
JK>71 midget
JK>---
JK> þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ                         john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.net
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pcohio.com