Re: TD Piping Color

To: "Robert J. Donahue" <rdonahue@holli.com>
Subject: Re: TD Piping Color
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 19:41:10 -0700
Robert J. Donahue wrote:

> What color should the piping between the fenders/running board and body be on
> my TD? I've painted the car ivory and chose red for the interior.
>
> I see that MOSS supplies: BLACK, RED, GREEN, CREAM, and WHITE.
>
> Also, my dashboard has veneer. Was this original on the TD?
>
> Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
> rdonahue@holli.com
> 53 MG-TD #17639 under DIY restoration, NEMGTR #11470
> 71 MGB still in shop, 17 months and counting

Bob,

If you want to go "by the book", the piping is to be painted the same
color as the body.  You see an awful lot of TDs at the shows with
contrasting, black piping however, and it looks pretty good, IMHO.  TDs
did not have a wood fascia.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/