1997 Winners / Best of the British Cars Day / California

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1997 Winners / Best of the British Cars Day / California
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 21:39:15 -0400 (EDT)
Hi folks,

Just returned from the Milestone Car Club of California's Annual Car Show.
 This year the features marquee was "Best of the British Cars" Day.  Here
were some of the winners, as best I can remember:

 1. English Sports Cars 1953 (?) to 1977, under 2 litre, Concours Class :
1959 MGA 1600 Coupe

2. English Sports Cars, Reserve Best of Show : 1938 MG Tickford Coupe

3. English Sports Cars , People's Choice :  1935 MG PA

The TA Tickford Coupe was featured in British Car magazine about a year ago
and was restored 100 % by a man with one arm.  This guy also restored a 1948
TC ,I believe, which is equally as beautiful as the Tickford.  This Tickford
may be the prettiest MG I've ever seen.

There was the racing K 3 there as well. I've seen this beast in magazines.
 Built about 1934 with a 6 cylinder blown engine.  Very interesting example
of a true racing MG...supposedly a very quick car on the track.   In the
Concours class but did not place.

I thought that a Concours class meant that the vehicle was restored to
original all around. The MGA Coupe had K & N filters, a K & N crankcase cover
filter, an ignitor electronic ignition, been converted to negative 12 Volt,
etc.  What is the definition of Concours and does it vary by show ?

Bruce Durgin
64 B