Re: Unresolved Backfire!!!

To: nbenson@ci.fort-collins.co.us
Subject: Re: Unresolved Backfire!!!
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 09:57:14 -0500 (CDT)
Nick Benson writes:

>       It seems as soon as the engine warms up, the backfire
> begins?  I've checked the timing with a light, and all is ok.  I have
> the lucas electronic distributor that is only three years young.

Are you running an air pump and/or a gulp valve?  These items (actually,
I think it was solely the gulp valve's fault) were responsible for
identical symptoms on my 'B.  The cause, as my partial and likely faulty
understanding has it, is an overly lean mixture on overrun.  But I've
been wrong before...

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer - AirPumpless, GulpValveless, and BackFireless

That's me at the corner.
That's me at the stoplight,
Losing my transmission...