Re: Webers, HIF's and HS carbs

To: "RAY WYGONIK" <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Webers, HIF's and HS carbs
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 97 11:00:25 -0400
>The recent postings all seem to  prefer the HIF's to the Weber DGV.  I have
>HS4's. (don't crucifiy me if my carb designations are not exact). What is the
>opionion on the Weber DGV versus the HS4's?
>I am looking for every day reliability.
I just ordered the DGV an will be installing it this weekend. I will let
you know how it works out. The reason I am doing this is when I took the
Midget in to be carb adjusted and inspected the Z-S carb was shot. I
could get a rebuit for about $320 plus time, labor etc. The Weber can be
had for $397 from

        Dick Burger
The BRITISH PARTS CONNECTION
        bpc@mint.net
http://www.ultranet.com/~4british/
    Voice  (207)990-3422
    Fax    (207)945-3518
     176 Lincoln Street
      Bangor, ME 04401

If you go to the web page they will provide you with a quote.  By the way
has anybody else ordered this kit? Does it come with the manifold gasket,
or do I need to order one?

Larry Macy
78 Midget