Re: Midget Update VII-long as always

To: atravis@spacey.net
Subject: Re: Midget Update VII-long as always
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 23:25:45 -0500 (CDT)
Aron Travis writes:

> First, I switched the front ball bearings to tapered roller bearings.
> [ snip ]
> I did not
> use the spacer that goes between the stock ball bearings, as I feel
> that it would negate some of the reasons that I'm using rollers.

Note that the MGB uses a spacer between its front roller bearings.  I
really don't know why, but it's there.  I ran my right front hub for
several years without a spacer, and noticed no ill effects.

> I'm using polyurethane bushings on the a-arms and trunion. I bought
> these from Faspec. I am using these mainly for longevity rather
> than handling.

Makes me wish I had done the same.

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer with 2 spacers and fresh rubber bushings

Atheist #685                    "Whatever, baby."