[Top] [All Lists]

Oil Cooler - Which union to use ?

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil Cooler - Which union to use ?
From: Jeff Fayne <>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 12:49:25 -0500
I'm in the middle of and engine rebuild on my '70 MGB. The car did not
have an oil cooler originally, so I'm in the process of installing a
cooler kit I purchased from Moss (235-920).

The kit came with a double male union that the instructions say should
go in the block. The original union has a pipe-lik extension  that
extends into the block (past the main oil galley)  It looks as though
this extra pipe closes off the oil galley. The kit union does not have
this extra extension.

My question is which adapter is right?

For reference see Moss catalog MGB-06 page 18. The original union looks
like #29 (460-820), the kit adapter looks like #27 (435-590)

Thanks in advance,


<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>