T series worn axle splines

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, British-Cars-Pre-War@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: T series worn axle splines
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 10:28:06 -0700
After eventually getting round to replacing the rear wheel bearings and axle
seals on the TC I thought I'd finally have reliable, oil free, rear brakes
for a while.  Well, I did.  For a very SHORT while. I've come to the
conclusion that the problem is worn axle splines, right side in particular.
The long term fix is obviously to replace the axle and bearing carrier and I
plan on getting in touch with Phil Marino regarding his tapered shaft
modification soon.  BUT.....

The Chief  Financial Officer (Domestic) advises that this quarters budget
for such items has already been depleted below a responsible level.  In
response the Engineering and Maintenance department has been looking for a
short term fix.  Anybody ever tried to seal this up with blue goo silicone?
The CFO(D) has opined that this may be within the current feduciary restraints.

Any help with this will be appreciated.......

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT