Re: Paint choices

To: gardner@lwcomm.com
Subject: Re: Paint choices
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry J. Dickstein)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 08:47:16 EDT
 ', white is to hide body work,

        I'm glad somebody else noticed this about white cars.  What's the
attraction?  White shows dirt and pollution staining terribly, and even
if you buff and wax it to within an inch of it's life, you just can't see
reflections in it from more than a few feet.  To me, part of the joy of a
good polishing is sighting down the bodywork and being able to read the
labels of the cans on the garage shelves!

If white is done right, and I mean many rounds of flat sanding, it will
shine like the proverbial diamond in a goat's ass.  I am not much of a
fan of red cars, and just sold a great black MGB, but white is stunning.
The nice thing about it is that very few people try it.  I used PPG base
white for my V8 project and it turned out great.  Yes, I can see cans in
the garage but my favorite is parking lot lines.  If the lines are
straight on the car, even through the shut lines, then all is well w/ the
world.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com