Re: Priorities!

To: MG Mail List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Priorities!
From: Dan Rollins <dan_rollins@technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 18:45:27 -0700
Trevor Boicey wrote:
>My theory is basically that if adding one adds 10hp and up
>to a factory car for $100, why didn't the factory do it?

Because it affects the emissions levels and makes it a little more
bothersome (and expensive in the long run) to pass 50 state emissions?
Having worked with large manufacturing corporations, often a decision
to save on production costs in a competitive market involves choosing
a slightly inferior component that saves a few cents per unit.  So a
decision to spend an extra few dollars, not to mention $100, is not
insignificant.  That can mean reducing a profit margin by millions of
dollars!

Dan Rollins  Los Angeles, CA
'68 MGB (rebuilding the HIF4 carbs on it.
        This nice weather is killing me!)