Black Tulip: More paint questions!

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Black Tulip: More paint questions!
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 14:39:57 -0400
I remember somebody mentioning the Black Tulip color a week or so
ago...sorry for bringing it up again....  At the Townsend show, I saw a
gorgeous MGB painted, what I remember they called it, Black Orchid, but
since I could only find Black Tulip in Lindsay Porter's book, I assumed
my memory was faulty.  I was trying to find a picture of this color, and
found a purple BGT in some book I have at home with pictures of cars
from the MG Owners Club, and that purple was nasty, but it didn't tell
the color name.

Was there more than one purple, or was this just two different shades of
the same color name?  The B in that book was painted the kind of purple
that they paint low riders with, and the one at the show was beautiful.
Maybe it was just the picture.

Thanks for dealing with all my paint questions, but since my Midget is
at the shop as we speak, I'll have some new questions soon!  :-)  Like
"What do all these little parts I have in baggies go to?" and "Is it
okay to have bolts left over?"

adrian

--
J. Adrian Barnes