gas mileage

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: gas mileage
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 03:21:24 +0000
> Doesn't seem to be that amazing to me.  My regularly tuned '70 MGB gets
> just over 30 mpg in light city traffic and I like to rev too.  Once I get a
> new header and camshaft in with a rebuild of the engine, she should hit
> well into the mid 30's for gas mileage.  Am I alone in this, or does not
> everyone get this type of mileage.
>
> BTW, can anyone recommend any other companies besides Brit-Tek for rebuild
> components.  I think I'll go to them for parts since they are really
> helpful and have good, fact-based recommendations.
>
> jay

Jay,
        I get about 23-25 in city.  Part of this may be that the carb is
older than the car and may need replacing.  Also, my compression
ratio is really low and I think the engine was overcammed for the
relatively stock state it's in.  (Gotta love those POs).  I'll let
you know when the Piper 270 goes in its place.
        I've been really pleased with Brit-Tek.  The only mistake they've
made with my orders has been to send me a set of six-leaf springs
when the rear suspension kit I ordered was supposed to come with the
seven-leaf units.  One call, and they sent me the correct ones, later
sending UPS out to pick up the incorrect ones.  Bob is definitely not
just an order-taker--he's been able to answer some pretty unusual
questions for me.
Scott