White cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: White cars
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 03:42:12 +0000
> I've had four white cars (3 lbc, 1 truck) and ALL of them were totaled when
> some driver who claimed " I never saw you!" plowed into me.  In three cases
> I was stopped at a light or intersection. I'll never buy another white
> vehicle.  I don't know why but they seem to become invisible under some
> circumstances.
>
>    ___        \______                 Ross MacPherson
>   / __ \ __ /       /------|)         arm@unix.infoserve.net
> /  (___)---------/ (___)      Vancouver, BC, Canada
>  1947 MG-TC 3528              1966 MGB-GT

Ross,
        This may be another case where studies and real-life don't line up.
the DOT or some other such governing body did a study about ten years
ago and concluded that white was the safest "normal" colour.  (Yellow
was actually considered a little bit safer, but wasn't considered a
'common' colour then, I guess).
        Or perhaps you've just had a run of bum luck..
Scott