Re: Scumbags AGAIN

To: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Scumbags AGAIN
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 15:43:56 -0400
EMILY COWEN wrote:

> The construction guy was charged with manslaughter, and had to go to
> court.  He claimed that he had no knowledge of how a pipe bomb could
> have ended up inside his tool box.  His lawyer listed the number of
> times he'd been broken in to, and suggested that the pipe bomb could
> have been supplied by the victims.  The jury bought it, and the
> construction guy was released; but, he had to pay a humonguous legel
> bill.  The taxpayers had to pay for an expensive trial.
>
> Who "won"??  The lawyers...  but the break-ins stopped.
>
> TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen   (who rather likes the concept of the Taser)

I've got one for ya.  A customer of mine kept having cars on his lot
stolen and / or vandalized.  "Why don't you get a big dog?", I asked.

"Because that cost a friend of mine ten grand", he replied.

Apparently his friend kept a dog in his office at night, after being
broken into several times.  Well one night a guy broke in and got chewed
up pretty badly.  The theif, was caught, convicted of burglary, and even
did time.  And you guessed it...  He sued the business owner and the
case was settled by the insurance company for $ 10,000.

Only in America!

Bobby
77 MGB Roadster
--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *