More T type questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More T type questions
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 10:22:14 -0800
Well it's for a TF 1500 actually...

1. Is there a trick to getting the back plate on the head to seal?
   A couple of years ago I had to replace the head gasket, so I took
   the head to a machine shop to have them go thru it and check for
   any other problems while it was off. Every thing was okay dokey, but
   since reassembling it's always leaked a bit (once a lot on a rally,
   but that's another story).

2. I need to replace the insulator that goes between the base plate in the
   distributor and the low tention lead to the coil. Since the base plate
   assembly is NLA from Moss, is there any problem with just taking a
   nylon spacer and cutting it down to size? Why do I need to repalce it?
   Well the old one that had been glued once before fell apart again.

I'm sure there will be more as I get the car ready to drive to the GoF West!

For what it's worth, what seemed to cause the leak in the rear axle was
that the bolts that hold the backing plate and the bearing assembly
together had loosened up over the years.

Thanks, Lane