Re: Mk II HELP & BOB ALLEN?

To: Stacie Short <Shortstuf1@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Mk II HELP & BOB ALLEN?
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 16:27:07 -0400
Stacie Short wrote: Here's what I am researching:  My husband ahs owned
a MkII TD since 1969Fanatically, as usual, we are attempting to trace
the history of this specific

> Specifically:
>         What are the dates for the production numbers?  You know,
> which numbers were
> produced which years.
>         Which production numbers or years should have 2 or 3 bow tops?
>
>         Which production numbers  might have 'solid' disc wheels?
> What might a correct "racing" steering wheel be?
>
>         I have the library searching for 2 magazine articles (only
> ones I am aware
> of) ref: Mk II racers.  July '52 AUTO  and June '52 SPEEDSPORT
> magazines.  I
> understand that few of you would have these periodicals, but someone
> may be
> able to direct me to a resource for such these and such items.
>
>         I currently wish to purchase:
> a new series 27 Lucas battery.
> cloth wrapped spark plug wires.
> cloth covered water line.
> and an original excellent condition radiator shell (chrome quality not
>
> important).
>
>         I would like to know how many Mk IIs had louvered top hoods
> and any racing
> histories.  George Simmons of Lewisburg, KY was seeking this same
> infor about
> a year ago this time.  Anybody know how to contact him?
>
> And, finally, does anyone know of a listing of MG dealers in the
> 1950s,
> expecially in California (from where our car came)?
>
> Thanks, again, to all the responses and encouragement.
>
> Stacie Short
> TD,TF, others

   Hi Stacie,
            The NEMGTR (New England MG T-Register) is, at this very
moment, holding a GOF by Boston. I'm going up there tomorrow for the
Tech Seminars. If you don't mind, I'll put a copy of your lastest
posting on the bulletin board at the meeting. Perhaps someone will spot
it and have some information for you.

Bud Krueger
'52TD (now happy on the highways, thanks to the 4.3 rear end)