Re: Exhaust headers--heat retention

To: CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu, gardner@lwcomm.com
Subject: Re: Exhaust headers--heat retention
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 11:36:42 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-28 06:24:41 EDT, CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu
(REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER) writes:

<<
 Jet Hot ceramic coatings provide a nice finish (colors or polished alum
 finish) which is easy to keep clean, will not corrode and insulates for a
 cooler engine compartment and increased scavenging. There are a few
 companies that do ceramic coating (like jet hot) with varying quality of
 work and prices. You send your header to them and they coat it inside and
 out. Some problems include the need to grind off the finish for welding work

 and the high cost of application. Looks real good though and will extend the

 life of your header (no rust).

Let me second the above.  I have the JetHot coating on my Tiger's headers and
they have outlasted the last set by a factor of three!

In short: great stuff, works good, lasts a long time!

Ray