Vintage List? Reply

To: Patrick Young <ply@adtrading.com>
Subject: Vintage List? Reply
From: JOHN HARDY <hardwire@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 17:46:33 -0400
Patrick,
You write..............

> However, during the past
few weeks I have received absolutely nothing from the pre war vintage lis=
t.
As I know you are a pillar of this community - can you inform me:

1) if it is still going (presume so),
2) To whom I ought to address my request to be resubscribed or whatever, =
as
I seem to have dropped off!<

              I really must agree.......................I think that the
lack of traffic is probably due to a lot of these old fogeys are just
tired.

  Come on chaps........... lets have some controversy.

  TA terry and MG Jack visited a few days ago. We had a super time playin=
at Curborough and being fleeced at Silverstone for the MG do. TWENTYTWO
POUNDS TO GET IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Never again. This is one
thrifty Riley owner whose was shocked, nay dismayed, to be fleeced by the=
se
entrepeneurs. I tell you what, these buggers should be boycotted. Perhaps=

you MG owners can afford it.

   We went to the Riley Rally today. Now thats a different kettle of fish=
=2E
We actually had a jumble at affordable prices. There was even somone
selling fancy brake drums. I also got a creditable third in the concours.=

Bought and sold some stuff, had a great day.

Also we met up with David Cochrane and Roger Twelvetrees. Gentlemen of th=
first water. The prewar list is getting quite social this season. Perhaps=

that's why no one's writing. The misguided fools think that mending and
driving their cars is more important than writing about  them.

I know that there's a lot of lurkers out there.............let's hear fro=
you. =

 TA Terry tellsme of Dammit Dick's fatal accident. What can I say? I can
express my commiserations to his family and those of my friends whom I've=

told. =

Patrick, just to make sure, send a message to the majordomo with "subscri=
be
british-cars- pre-war" in the body of the text.

                 Yours, as ever, JH