MG Help

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG Help
From: Catm2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 00:19:16 -0400 (EDT)
I've got a 79 MG Midget, 1500cc with California Emission.  I need some engine
emission help.  The diverter/gulp valve between the air pump/check valve and
the manifolds was melted from the heat off the exhaust manifold connection.
 I don't know if it was caused by a faulty diverter/gulp valve, check valve,
air pump or excessive heat from the exhaust manifold connection.  I've
located a used diverter/gulp valve, but am hesitant to put it on til I get
some advice.

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!

                               Broken down icn California!!!