4th vs. Canada Day ( oh, what about those original MGB luggage racks )

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 4th vs. Canada Day ( oh, what about those original MGB luggage racks )
From: Barry Archer <barry@fountain.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 12:33:55 +0000
    Since it's taken me several hours to wade through all the posts of
everyone else's $.02 worth I just have a couple of quick observations as
an ex-Canuck and current midwestern USer...

    We've managed to impress upon our non-US lbc bretheren that many of
us in the US tend to totally confuse patriotism and pride in one's
country with very-partisan politics.  I haven't missed at all not having
to waddle through a discussion of Quebec nationalism as a part of Canada
Day. ;-)  We who live mostly south of the Great lakes could learn a
thing or two, eh.  Disparaging the patriotism of those we disagree with
politically doesn't, IMHO, reflect well on the supposed freedom we're
attempting to celebrate...

     Any political focus should be on retaining our freedom to drive
these wonderful little British vehicles on the 4th of Jusly, and any
other day.  Seems a pretty bipartisan effort to me...

     That being said, I've lost somewhere in all this where the best
place is to look for those original-style vertical bar luggage racks for
the late-model Bs.  I want to try to match the faded paint outline on my
trunk. ;->

     And, of course, I'll avoid bringing up who won the war of 1812, and
go take my cat for a ride in the 'B.  ( That's an attempt at humour,
poor may it be, for the satirically challenged ).

    Barry
    barry@fountain.net  ( Platte County, MO's Web House )
    '78 'B daily beater ( fading Vermillion Red )