Re[2]: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 15:53:51 -0500
> >At 09:55 PM 7/2/97 -0400, W. R. Gibbons wrote:
> >>

> >>Owners no longer have to pay the annual tax on cars over 25 years old.
> >>It is the equivalent of a free license; a significant saving.  Can anyone
> >>imagine our government doing anything like that?

The state of Mississippi requires owners of antique cars (those over 25
yrs old), regardless of their status of show car or daily driver, to pay
a one time $40 registration fee.  After that, no more taxes need to be
paid.  In addition, you get a really cool antigue car tag.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu
http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke