Oil Coolers/alternate radiators???

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil Coolers/alternate radiators???
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 22:59:55 -0700
I am adding an oil cooler, a thermostat and a remote mount filter to my
Midget.

The remote filter is quite large.  Anyone install one of these???  Where
did you put it?  Can it be mounted at any angle or is it best mounted
with the opening of the filter facing upwards? (No drain-back out of the
filter then..)

Overheating question....

Car has Webers, 10:1 pistons, alden dizzy,  timing is set fine.  no
detonation,  cooper S water pump pulley, deep cast water pump impeller,
new hoses, new pump, radiator has been flushed and seem to run clear.
runs at 200+ all the time with a 165 thermostat in it.  If I turn on the
heater it will drop some.  This says to me I am at capacity of the
radiator.  Haven't pulled the gauge and tested it but based on some
experiments with my tire pyrometer I think it is correct.  (it isn't a
smiths..)

  I am toying with  adding some rows with a recore...or trying to fit a
different radiator altogether.  Perusing the radiator books it looks like
I can get close in size and outlet location and not have to do too much
fabrication for a larger radiator.

I was wondering if anyone else has been up against the same thing and
what they did???  Comments??

Thanks in advance!

Ric Bergstrom
Richmond Virginia