Re: Land Rover starter switch

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: Land Rover starter switch
From: palte@rt.el.utwente.nl (Bert Palte)
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 97 14:22:06 +0200
TATERRY wrote some time ago:

>I was told that the Land Rover foot operated starter switch is the basis for
>replacements on prewar MGs...does anyone know if there is a Moss Motors of
>the Land Rover world....or a Land Rover list?  Please reply directly to
>me....

Sorry for responding so late but the # of messages coming in in this list is
so large that I can't read them all.

My 1964 LR has a rather large pushbutton type starter switch (requiring
quite some force to operate), however
it is NOT a foot-operated switch, it is hand-operated.

The factory Parts Catalogue says - Starter Switch -# 530034, however this
does NOT include the knob (605280)
which is a specific LR part.

Yes there IS a LR list. I signed off about a year ago since the # of
messages was too much.... don't have the address at hand, however.

BTW the LR switch can NOT originally have been the basis for pre-war MG
parts because the LR was first introduced
AFTER the war ( 1948)! It is probably the other way around.

Hope this has been of some interest.

Bert

1964 LandRover Series IIa, 88, ex- British Forces, Germany
1970 MG B
plus some more.