RE: filter before pump

Subject: RE: filter before pump
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 14:26:00 -0700 (PDT)
You can easily put a filter before the pump but there should already be a
screen prefilter on the pickup in the tank and it is highly unlikely that
this would cause an SU type pump to fail. There is a flexible gas hose
connecting the sender/pickup to the pump visable if you remove the passenger
rear wheel and look at the gas tank. An inline filter could be put here. I
would guess that all of the broken pumps could have been fixed with either a
point/diaphram adjustment or new diaphram or points. The valves rarely go.

Chris