TD Clutch Question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD Clutch Question
From: JHoltslag@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 20:28:29 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Mg'ers,
     Since I have have completed my TD restoration, I' ve had problems
adjusting
the clutch linkage so the transmission fully disengages when the clutch pedal
is depressed.  The TD is an early TD which should have a clutch cable but the

PO replaced the cable with the solid clutch rod found in later TDs.   Are the
clutch rod and the clutch cable interchangeable?  Is the same clutch link
used
in both early and late TDs?  I ask because it seems as if the PO used
a "customized" (read "homemade") clutch link.  It acts as if the "customized"
clutch link isn't long enough to disengage the clutch.  Any advice would be
appreciated....  Joe Holtslag