Re: Painting Rostyles

To: dr-doug@msn.com
Subject: Re: Painting Rostyles
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry J. Dickstein)
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 11:08:56 EDT
Wow!!  You have come close to blasphemy and/or heresy here, apparently.
Don't take it to heart (too much).  Some things are nearer and dearer to
some, but not to others.  Dr. Doug usually comes up w/ good advice and
suggestions and sounds well versed in the inner workings of the MG.  My
suggestion:  Stay away from the wire wheel issue.

Larry Dickstein
'67 B V8 project (Panasport wheels)
'58 Bugeye project (original disc wheels)
'67 AH 3000   Are you listening, Dr. Doug?---chrome 72 spoke
                                        wheels

On Wed, 9 Jul 97 14:23:39 UT "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com> writes:

> [...]

For the longer term, I'm still undecided over wires (nice & old
fashioned) or Minilites (look tough).

  Since you didn't ask for my opinion, I don't think any newer LBCs
look right with wires. MGAs and TR3s, sure, but MGBs, Midgets, and TR6s
and things just look wrong to me. Oh well.