Painting Rostyles

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net (mgs), todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Subject: Painting Rostyles
From: hert@worldaccess.nl (Hert)
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 97 06:35:25 GMT
Hi Tod & other listers,

you wrote

    > Todd Mullins
    > Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil  On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast
    >
    > '74 MGB Tourer with freshly painted Rostyles

Can you give me advice on how to paint these wheels in the correct pattern? My
parts suppliers has plastic masks, but these cost a lot and the people who have
used these tell me the results are terrible (paint bleeding over parts where it
should not be). Most folks simply paint the whole wheel silver ...

For the longer term, I'm still undecided over wires (nice & old fashioned) or
Minilites (look tough).

Peter den Hertog
'74 MGB, out on the first sunny day we've had for a month