Re: Another Tach Transplant

To: Randy Rees <randyr@starwave.com>
Subject: Re: Another Tach Transplant
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 11:16:53 -0500
Randy Rees wrote:

> That post was from myself. I don't really know about the 69 but my 68
> has the same wrap around type thing as the 67 does. If the 69 tach is
> connected to a car presently and is working I'm not to sure but the 68
>
> tach was missing then plastic clip and wire so it would appear they
> are
> not the same. If you remove this from the 67 you should see the
> contacts
> are the same for the 68 and presumably for the 69. Anybody have a 69
> tach they wish to check out?

Hey Randy,

If you don't mind, explain the "wrap around type thing" you were talking
about a little clearer.  My cars original wiring was all hacked up, and
the tach that was in there was far from correct.  From looking at my new
wiring harness, I think I may have the same thing in my Sprite.

The white wire that goes from the coil and then the ignition switch is
one piece.  I've been trying to figure how the tach fits in-between
those two connections, as shown in the diagram.  The 2 diagrams I have
really don't make things very clear when it come to the tach.

Could this be the reason for my confusion, does the wire actually not
connect to the tach, but loop around a pole or such????  I probably
should wait till the correct tach is here so I have a little more
knowledge of what I'm saying.

Thanks,

Patton

--
'67 Austin Healey Sprite MKIV
My new improved Spritepage is found at...