Re: Smoke Gets In Your Eyes (If You Follow Me)

To: scc@kodak.com
Subject: Re: Smoke Gets In Your Eyes (If You Follow Me)
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:04:31 -0500
scc@kodak.com wrote:

> Problem: After driving a couple of miles the car starts belching thick
> blue smoke for anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 seconds....then stops the
> smoke screen routine.

Hah! I had this exact same problem with a '74 Midget. I was a new and
nervous owner and did everything I could think of to make sure the car
was in an absolutely perfect state of tune. This included overfilling
the SU dashpots such that the excess oil would dribble down into the
carb and wait in the intake manifold.

Once the car was started and the oil heated a little, the oil would be
sucked through the engine and burned emitting the impressive clouds of
blue smoke you describe. Once the oil is gone, smoking stops, and you
end up screwing up your whole trip wandering what is broken!
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"If all the blondes riding in Corvettes were laid end-to-end, I wouldn't