Re: TD wiring question

To: "Robert J. Donahue" <rdonahue@holli.com>
Subject: Re: TD wiring question
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 21:26:37 -0400
Robert J. Donahue wrote:

> I know the license plate lamp wire goes into the spare tire frame and
> comes out
> right behind the hub. How is it routed from there? Does it just hang
> down over
> the gas tank and then run into the wiring harness? The DPO has
> obliterated the
> original wiring in the rear of the car and I can't find any pictures
> that show
> this detail. Thanks in advance.
>
> Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
> rdonahue@holli.com
> 52 MG-TD #17639 under DIY restoration, NEMGTR #11470
> 71 MGB still in shop, 19 months and counting

 Bob,
      That sounds right. The wire comes under the gas tank, up to the
hole in the cener of the tire munting brachet, throught the tube to the
opening by the license plate bracket. It's a good idea to leave a slight
drip loop here to keep water from draining down into the tube. If you
don't already have one, I'd suggest buying a copy of "The Complete M.G.
TD Restoration Manual" by Horst Schach. I wish that it had been
available when I was trying to put mine back together.

Good Luck,

Bud Krueger, NEMGTR #9826
'52TD - Lazarus