Boats, Kai's Project, and no LBC Content

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Boats, Kai's Project, and no LBC Content
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 12:04:54 +0100
http://www.hlsm.com/cgi-win/merc.exe?iolist
http://www.hlsm.com

Hey Kai,

The above URL may give you an idea of what you're up against in trying
to do a decent parts list for LBCs.

The URL is an online parts list for boats. The first URL is for
Mercruiser boat motors. I think this a great example of what
could be done for Internet and parts searching.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Moss or VB would get off their Neandrthal
butts and do something like this!

BTW: I called in an order for boat parts from this URL to their 800
line. I got a real disinterested hourly employee on the line. Also found
that several parts were not in stock. So I paid full retail at the boat
store anyway (but had a great parts list to go by!).

So much for the human interface.

Bob Allen, Kanas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva and an old Glastron