Re: I'm not going to pay a lot for this...REGULATOR or BULB :)

To: Patton Dickson <kpatton@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: I'm not going to pay a lot for this...REGULATOR or BULB :)
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 07:18:52 -0500
Patton Dickson wrote:

> Where is the best place to get a fuel regulator, when I had the Weber in
> I got some German SPORT fuel pump that pushes a little more PSI than I
> should have with the SU/  Vicky Brit sells them for $60 (yikes)  It
> seems that that should be something available at any parts house cheaper
> than that.  Are they asking the British Car Parts markup, or am I right
> in assuming I can probably find this at Pep Boys, or at least a racing
> parts shop lots cheaper.

Patton -
        AFTER I bought a fuel pump from Vicky Brit and AFTER I bought a
pressure regulator from Vicky Brit, I found that I could have purchased
both from Pep Boys for about half the price.  Both are Purolator brand.
I had the same problem, the new Purolator electronic fuel pump that came
from VB had too much pressure for the Weber down.
        Lesson learned - check the local shops first.  Sigh.
--
Keep on keepin' on!
(non illegitimus carborundus)

Wayne Kube              1979 MGB