Re: Triumph TR6...what fun! (very little LBC content)

To: "William West" <Will_Thane@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph TR6...what fun! (very little LBC content)
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 17:14:12 -0500
Hi Bill:

Yes there are quite a few of us - especially here in Edmonton.  I own 5
LBCs and 2 FBBs (Fast Brit Bikes).  Another friend is restoring a TR3A and
owns a Norton.  Another has a Tiger, an MGB, a TC and a Sprite.  He also
owns a Norton and a Triumph.  Another chap has an Alpine and a BSA.
Another has a TR3A, a Norton, 5 Triumphs and 2 BSAs.  Another fellow has a
Morgan, several Nortons, Triumphs and BSAs as well as several more exotic
makes including a beautiful Vincent.

I belong to the Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club and the Canadian Vintage
Motorcycle Group, Northern Alberta Section.  Many other members own a
variety of bikes and cars.  They seem to go together.

At our recent British Motor Meet, there were 150 cars and 28 motorcycles.
Many of the owners showed both.

John McEwen

>Greetings All!
>
>Hey, are there any British motorcycle enthusiasts on this list?  I ask because
>I just had one of the most exciting rides of my life on a 1969 Triumph TR6C
>motorcycle.
>
>Having not ridden anything resembling a motorcycle since my early teens, my
>cruise aboard this wonderful piece of British machinery struck me to my core
>and presented me with a new found interest in British bikes.
>
>Just curious as to whether there is much crossover from Brit car enthusiasts
>to Brit Bike  enthusiasts...
>
>Will

John McEwen

Edmonton, Alberta
In the Great White North
1946 Chrysler N. Yorker 1962 Corvair Greenbrier         1966 Cadillac Conv.
1949 Austin A40 Devon   1950 Standard Vanguard          1956 Chrysler 300B
1957 Lagonda 3 Litre    1966 Austin Cambridge           1956 New Yorker Conv.
1970 MGB Roadster       1957 AJS Model 20               1961 Fury Sonoramic
1972 Ducati 450 T/S  1970 Norton Commando Fastback Mk 2 1963 Honda CB 92R
1982 Kawasaki KZ 1300   1975 Izh Planeta Sport 350      1940 H-D Model UA
1956 NSU Prima          1965 Zweirad Union Hummel    1960 Cushman Road King
1964 Honda Super Hawk   1965 Honda CB 450               1971 Honda 750
1967 Kreidler Florett GT  1966 Puch SGS 250            1967 Ducati Monza
Jr.
 Many other wierd things intended to separate my child from her inheritance.