Re: Late TD Clutch replacement

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: Late TD Clutch replacement
From: Len Bugel <bugel@bianca.sms.k12.vt.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:03:53 -0400 (EDT)
I don't know of a diaphragm pressure plate that fits the late TD, but I
know from experience that a common source of clutch judder in the TD is a
worn/broken rear mount (transmision mount). There was a tech tip in 'The
Sacred Octagon' regarding repairing this problem within the lasst year. In
a '53 that I owned back in the 60s replacing the rubber in the mount cured
a bad csse of judder, without touching the clutch.

Len Bugel
'51 TD
'57 MGA