Re: TF mystery

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TF mystery
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 07:02:28 -0500
At 11:10 PM 7/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>In any case, I have never heard anyone knowledgeable on this subject
>recommend pulling a good head just to put in hardened seats, etc.  They
>only recommend it be done if you have to do work on the head anyway.
>
>David Littlefield
>Houston, TX

I have read several different articles that insisted that cars with original
never rebuilt heads which ran with leaded gas already have reaped the
benefits of lead and will be fine using unleaded gas for the feasible
remaining life of the head. However, once you rebuild, you should go the
unleaded-head route or use an additive.

Michael, New Bern, NC