Low Cost Battery Space Bins

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Low Cost Battery Space Bins
From: Rick Astley <ricka@mich.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:16:18 -0400
I am new to this group, so if old timers have been this way before;
apologies,and for other US newcomers; I hope this may save money.

If you have replaced the 2 X 6 volts baterries with a single 12 V in the
trunk or in the battery frame and want to use the second as a storage bin, I
found that a Rubbermaid 6 QT waste bin # 2953 works a treat on my 70B
roadster. It fits into the forward section of either apperture very neatly,
being just the right height and leaving a smaller trapizoidal opening to the
rear, which I shall cover with duct tape for the time being. It probably
won't take a 12 Volt battery like those from Victoria British ($32.95) or
Moss Motors ($32.50) but for it will carry six quarts (US of course) of
tools and cost only $1.99.

(By the way, when in England I heard someone on a radio 'phone-in program
complain that the price of electricity was twice as much in Britain as in
the US. Later someone else rang to explain, "Well they've only got 115 volts
to our 230, so no wonder it only costs half as much".
Rick