Thanks (was: clunk at shift)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thanks (was: clunk at shift)
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 00:21:18 +0000
Thank you Listers for all the suggestions about what might have caused the
clunk or pop I heard when upshifting in my '65 Sprite. As many of you
suggested, it was due to worn splines on the hubs. I smeared bearing grease
all over the hubs and inside of the wheels, and put the wheels back on the
hubs that they'd originally been mated with (something I did not do
following the remounting of the tires).

Result: no clunk!

Thanks again for all of your replies,

Jeff

Jeff Boatright                                  '65(!) A-H Sprite
Editor-In-Chief                                 '47 Cessna 140
Molecular Vision                                '95 Saturn SL-2
http://www.emory.edu/molvis                     '87 Plymouth Horizon
"Seeing the Future in a Very Tiny Way..."       '84 3-legged cat