wobbly wheels

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: wobbly wheels
From: "John Di Fede"<difejo@consumer.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 97 12:13:04 -0500
--simple boundary

     John/Patty

     I had the same problem with the wire wheels on my TR-6.  Make sure
     that the two best wheels are on the front of the car.

     To test for wheel runout. Get a jackstand and a ruler, jack up each
     wheel in turn, place the jackstand alongside each wheel with the ruler
     on top of the jackstand and about 1/4 inch from the rim.  Spin the
     wheel.  ideally as you spin the wheel the 1/4 in space between the edge
     of the rim and the ruler edge should remain constant.  Choose the best
     two wheels and place them in the front.

     Are you the John & Patty from the LI chapter? If so how are things on
     Long Island?

     John & Victoria DiFede  (73 Maroon MGB & tan interior)

--simple boundary