Midget Blowing Smoke (sometimes)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget Blowing Smoke (sometimes)
From: "Mirams" <mirams@alphalink.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 19:36:29 +1000
Greetings,

I have been off the list for sometime now as my money tight university
decided to blow the computing budget away into virtually nothing, making it
impossible to get a on a computer and thus check my email. Problem solved
as I now have access from home. Anyway, the midget (1969) has been running
extremely well in recent times providing at least 8 months of daily driving
without leaving me stranded. It has, however developed a problem over the
last month or two which I would like to address. After a cold start, I
drive for about two or three miles then all of a sudden it lets out huge
plumes of grey/blue smoke for the next mile every time I take off. After
that mile is up, the smoke disappears. What gives? I have spoken to one
mechanic who believes it is valve stem seals and/or guides. Any thoughts on
what it may be?

Thanks in advance

Steve Mirams
69 Midget