can driveshaft length cause diffi whine?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: can driveshaft length cause diffi whine?
From: aramm <aramm@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:08:03 -0700
Some of the advice I was give on solving my differential whining under
acceleration at freeway speeds was the following:

>>>Make sure that the big nut that holds the rear
driveshaft flange to the pinion is tightened to the correct value.

Before I go messing about checking to see if this is the case, I have
one more question.  Can a driveshaft of improper length cause this
problem?  My car is a '67 GT and was updated with an all-synchro OD
trans.  I have no idea if the correct driveshaft was used when the
trnasmission was installed.  Can this be a cause of the problem?  How do
I check the driveshaft to bne sure it is correct for my
car/transmission?

Thanks,

Andy
--