Jag cars for sale list

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Jag cars for sale list
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 12:15:36 -0400 (EDT)
Dear MG List,

I know that this is not an MG question, but given the amount of LBC knowledge
out there, there must be the answer to my question as well.  After spending
last weekend at the Moss Motors British Car Fest in Solvang (CA) and looking
at all the pretty cars there, the wife and I got to thinking that a Jaguar
XJ6 would be a great everyday beater car for her and to make it easy for me
to maintain,  one with the 350ci Chevy V8 and hydramatic transmission
conversion would be perfect.  Now before you all email me about a Chevy
engine in a Jag, let me say that I would prefer it from the stand point of
maintaince and reliability (remember, its my wife's car).  I would expect
that the XJ6 with the 350 conversion has no real great resale value and thats
okay too.  Besides I feel very comfortable with the Chevy engine.

I have seen these cars (already converted ones) from time to time, but now
that I'm looking, I'm not seeing any.  My questions are:

1. Is there a list for Jaguars like this one, or better is there a online
list of Jag cars for sale where I might find such a car?

2. I saw such a converted Jag down in Camarillo, CA at Disk Criswell's house.
 Yes, I was a close friend of Dick's ( we drove our BGTs to Indy 96
together).  I don't know the Jag owners name, he was a friend of Dick's too.
 The conection between us was Dick, and now that conection is gone.  The Jag
owner said that it was an easy conversion, and that some little company made
a kit to do it.  Does anybody on the list know the name of the outfit that
makes the conversion?  Does anybody know of a car meeting the above
discription for sale in California area?

Many thanks in advance for you help

Rod Schweiger
'52 MGTD (2)
'59 MGA