Re: MG Museum

To: wayne buletza <rwbmg@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: MG Museum
From: Dennis/Carol Blevins <blevins@epix.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 21:42:05 -0700
wayne buletza wrote:

> We are leaving for Vermont and New Hampshire on Saturday morning.  Does
> anyone know the name and location of the MG museum there?  All I can
> remember is Westminster but can't find it on the map.
>
> Thanks for the quick help.
>
> I've been off the list since May.  How have the folks done that were
> caravaning to Alaska?
>
> Wayne Buletza in Charlotte MI

Westminster MG Car Museum
Route 5, Westminster VT
Exit 5 off of I-91, 5 miles south of Bellows Falls VT, 20 mi. north of
Brattleboro. (southeastern VT - right on the river between VT and NH)

 According to the brochure(?) that we picked up 1-1/2 yrs ago
they're open daily in July & August 10 am - 5 pm - except closed on
Mondays.

We were in New England after Columbus Day '95 and looked it up - didn't
know any better, and alas-- it was closed!!! After 15 minutes or so of
peeking in the windows (trying anyway) a pickup truck comes rumbling in
..we thought "oh, no..we've been caught out and are going to get run
off". The chap turned out to be one of Gerry Goguen's (the director /
owner) employees coming over to close up/winterize for the year. He let
us in, gave us a private tour, and then let us wander about and take
photos while he worked. What a day! and what a great guy! Too soon, we
had to head on to our final destination in New Hamshire, but another
great MG memory to file away for later use, like now, on seeing your
request.

Dennis & Carol Blevins