Re: Ray Gibbons

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Ray Gibbons
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 97 21:46:15 PDT
Hello:

I am sure everyone on the list is saddened to learn of Professor Gibbons'
passing. His depth of experience and wonderful humor will be irreplaceable.

I believe Ray was born in Iron County, Missouri, the granite country of the
Ozarks Uplift. In private e-mail messages he spoke of the similarity of the
river valleys there with those of New England. He might have missed the
scenery, but he said he did not miss the 100 degree summer days.

He was a consistent contributor to the shop-talk list and was very helpful
when someone had a tool or technique question. His humor was so unique that
he could put you on in such a polite manner that you begged for more.

I never met him in person, but I will miss him nonetheless.

Godspeed, Professor.

David F. Darby
White River Valley, Missouri