Re: MGA Wheels

To: car@texas.net, jbit@erols.com
Subject: Re: MGA Wheels
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 11:58:31 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-26 01:42:23 EDT, car@texas.net (Carol) writes:

> Wire vs. steel wheels is like paint colors, in my opinion. You do what
>  pleases YOU. You're paying for it and you're driving the car. You are
doing
>  it for you (and yours), and not for anybody else. I don't have a show car,
>  and doubt if I ever will have one, so... Passing on the advice I was given
>  here last fall: Have it your way!

I enjoy reading about the pros and cons of the 'wire vs. steel' debate, and
here's my .02 worth.  Wire wheels are possibly one of the most "British"
modifications that you could do to your car.  They are a pain to change into
(I know, I'm going through it now.)  I could only imagine that they're hard
to tune, and even harder to find a shop to tune them.  I also don't like the
idea of trusting my car to the quirkyness of innertubes, but that's just a
personal fear.  One of the lovely sidelights is showing my American Muscle
car buddies a knock-off.  After I explain how a wire wheel works, their
response, unanimously, is "Where are the lug nuts again?"
~Mike Lishego
Personal note: I got engaged yesterday!