Re: British Racing Green

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "David M Culgan" <culgandm@sterlingdi.com>
Subject: Re: British Racing Green
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:02:10 -0400
> *BRITISH RACING GREEN IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS*
>
> Jim Knight's business in Newark, Delaware, suffered a small fire in the
> parts department earlier in the week, and they are now busy cleaning up
and
> moving this operation into one of the bays.

Good to know, but since then we had 2 more customers tell us that a sign
was up saying "temporarily closed" anyway this is good to know...

> I just got off the phone with Jim, and he is most definitely open for
> business, and in fact needs your support now more than ever if this
> business is going to survive. Jim was concerned that rumours might
> circulate that he was closed. Most of his stock survived, and is still
> available over the counter or by mail-order. The phone number for British
> Racing Green is 302-368-1117.

Well those rumors are flying, I even heard one that suggested he had set it
to get out of the business (something I heard a few years ago).  Glad to
know none of this it true.

> Long ago I made Jim my prefered supplier for _all_ of my parts needs. His
> prices are competetive, he has a large stock of both new and used parts
(a
> scrap yard full of LBC's on the premises), can get anything else you
need,
> and is very knowledgeable and happy to share this knowledge. In other
words
> a great guy!

I think you are working for BRG, this sounds like an ad ;-)

> I know that I wouldn't be able to use my 66 MGB as my daily driver, let
> alone have restored this basket case, if not for his help. When I saw the
> post here about the fire, I rushed over early on my way to work to check
it
> out, fearing the worst. Everything looked the same, I'm glad to know the
> fire was limited.

Yup, I was really taken back when I heard that "BRG burned down, and all
that is left are the walls" .... obviously this customer had a very active
Imagination.  But 2 others said that they had a sign up.

> There are many suppliers represented on the list, but I'd encourage you
> give Jim or Stan at BRG a call for your requirements.

Well you also kinda left out that some of Jim's parts are very high
priced...but very good.

> Dave Culgan
> 66 MGB (and more)
> culgandm@sterlingdi.com